Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Great Day for Deals!

Yard sales are a big deal in Hawaii. Today was the MWR Super Garage Sale, and I am so happy with the deals I brought home.

We used to have an old tool box like this in the basement. I'm going to take the shells off, paint it, sand it, and reinvent it. Maybe I'll use it to hold my herb pots. Or maybe I'll keep my favorite books propped up in it. I'm not sure yet, but I know I love it!




The ladder is my favorite find though. I had just been eyeing a similar one, painted sea glass blue. It wasn't for sale. Then I found this one for $4!!! I'm not sure if I'll keep it in the house, but it's definitley getting a coat of paint, and then attacked with sandpaper. I might keep it on the back porch, or I might just use it as a display rack when we do craft sales and our own yard sales. Or maybe I'll find the perfect use for it in the house. Either way, I am in love with this ladder!


Even though I got great deals at the Super Garage Sale, I think the best part about it was seeing friends. I love shopping with my best friend Lacie, and I also got to meet up with my new friend Kennesha. And all along the way I ran into people I've met since we moved here in April, and I realized just how many friends I've made. That's the best deal of all!



After the Super Garage Sale, we headed out to the neighborhood sales, and then Goodwill. Here are a few more treasures I found. Today was defintely a good day!




Ribbon boards, $1 each.



Faux Bois dish, $0.99. I'm going to a soy candle party on Friday, and this is what I'm pouring my candle into!


There were more treasures, but I think that's enough for now, and these are definitely my favorites. I love days like this - successful thrift shopping for projects and deals, and helping to do my part to reduce, reuse, recycle!











No comments: