Monday, September 8, 2008

I love phone calls!

Being married to a submariner, phone calls are the stuff dreams are made of. Our guys don't have Internet access, basic email is limited at best, and they surely don't have pay phones. So when the boat needs to make a quick stop, and they actually pull into port, a phone call is like a miracle - completely unexpected, and powerful enough to make you feel dizzy with joy.

So, when I received 4 phone calls in the last 14 hours, I was so giddy I could barely walk!

Being a Navy wife is tough, and being a Submarine wife is it's own breed of tough. Even so, I don't know how some of the other branches do it. I can't imagine staying behind while my husband was deployed, boots on the ground, for over a year. I know they get calls, emails, video chats, and instant messenger sessions, but I still can't imagine doing it. Just the same, when I get a call, and then they go back out to sea and back into communications black out, the green monster starts to rear it's ugly head. That's not the kind of green living I'm trying to achieve, so I'll do my best to stay on an even keel. Staying focused on my lifestyle goals is a great way to do that!

No comments: